Career Counseling Kind of thing:-
Engineering is the field dedicated to using scientific and mathematical knowledge to research and find answers to technical problems. Engineering means to find economical solution for technological problems. Engineer's work is the link between perceived social needs and commercial applications. Engineers design products, machinery to build those products, plants in which those products are made, and the systems that ensure the quality of the products and the efficiency of the workforce and manufacturing process. Engineers design, plan, and supervise the construction of buildings, highways, and transit systems. They develop and implement improved ways to extract, process, and use raw materials, such as petroleum and natural gas.
Engineering offers tremendous scope for employment depending upon the area of specialization. There are numerous opportunities for engineers in the private sector, public sector, Defense services, in Civil Aviation Industry, Merchant Navy and computer software industry, etc. Engineers with Post Graduate degree get senior position in private and government department or as a planner or advisor on basic infrastructure development of the industry. An engineer with entrepreneurship abilities can also set up his/her own enterprise. Professionals in this field are in great demand today and the demand keeps on burgeoning day by day.
|Role of an Engineer
Mechanical Engineers work on the design and maintenance of machines.
Electrical Engineers work on electronics, such as GPS systems and power generators.
Software Engineers design code and write computer software.
More than 25 major specialties which are recognized and the major branches have numerous subdivisions. Engineers in each branch have a base of knowledge and training that can be applied in many fields. Electronics engineers, for example, work in the medical, computer, communications, and missile guidance fields. Because there are many separate problems to solve in a large engineering project, engineers in one field often work closely with specialists in other scientific, engineering, and business occupations. Different categories of Engineering are as follows
|Computer Science Engineering (CSE)
Computer Science Engineering (CSE) encompasses a variety of topics that relates to computation, like analysis of algorithms, programming languages, program design, software, and computer hardware.
Computer Science engineering students study
• What computer programs can and cannot do (computability)
• How programs can efficiently perform specific tasks (algorithms and complexity)
• How programs should store and retrieve specific kinds of information (data structures and databases),
• How programs might behave intelligently (artificial intelligence), and
• How programs and people should communicate with each other (human-computer interaction and user interfaces).
Computer Science engineering has roots in electrical engineering, mathematics, and linguistics. In the past Computer Science was taught as part of mathematics or engineering departments & in the recent days it has emerged as a separate engineering field.
What does a Computer Science Engineer do?
• Design and develop software application for different industries
• Manages the software , hardware & networks in any industry
• Involves in the design and development of the hardware components of PCs & laptops
• Develop software for peripheral computing devices such as printers, modems and scanners
• Writes code and algorithms for operating systems like Windows, Linux etc.
What is the future for a Computer Science Engineering graduate?
Computer Science Engineers can find the opportunities in any of the following category
• Design / Development / Testing/ Maintenance of software in IT industry
• Networking & Security administrator in IT or any computerized industry
• Embedded Systems Design Engineer
• Research & Development Engineer
Scope for Higher Education
After graduation as a B.E / B.Tech in Computer Science, one can look for M.E / M. Tech / M.S in Computer Science or Software Engineering and choose any Specialization like
• Artificial Intelligence
• Bio Computation
• Computer and Network Security
• Database Systems
• Human-Computer Interaction
• Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computation
• Software Theory
• Theoretical Computer Science
Who should opt for Computer Science Engineering?
If one likes,
Computers, Internet, Programming, Electronics, Mathematics and Algorithms
Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE)
Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE), deals with the engineering problems, opportunities and needs of electrical, electronics, computer, telecommunication systems and related industries. This branch provides students with a wide range of fundamental knowledge in core disciplines such as communications, control systems, signal processing, radio frequency design, micro-processors, micro-electronics, power generation and electrical machines. The discipline focuses on design and manufacture of electrical, electronic devised, computers and their component parts, as well as on the integration of components into complex systems.
What does an EEE engineer do?
• EEE Engineers focuses on the analysis, design, development and manufacture of electrical equipments , electronic devices, Mechatronics technologies, automation and control systems
• Electrical Engineers deal with power generation and transmission systems.
• EEE engineers, design circuits for electrically operated vehicles, computers, digital devices, electronic memory storage devices, industrial robots and CNC machines.
• EEE Engineers setup & operate the telecommunication, wireless and internet networks.
What is the future for an EEE graduate?
Electrical & Electronics engineers can work in wide range of fields such as power generation, electronics, computers & control systems, telecommunication and Bio-Medical. EEE Engineers can find opportunities in any of the following categories
• Electrical Engineer in power generation and distribution in power plants & electrical sub stations
• Design, installation and maintenance Engineer for telecommunications networks & wireless transmission systems
• Industrial automation, robotics and process control engineer in a manufacturing industry
• Network Engineer / System Engineer, who maintains the computer hardware & networks in IT industry
• Software Engineer in an IT industry
• Design & Manufacturing Engineer for consumer appliance manufacturers, industrial equipment manufacturers, telecommunication, computer industries and Biomedical instruments
Scope for Higher Education:
After graduation as B.E / B.Tech Electrical & Electronics Engineer one can look for M.E / M.Tech / M.S in any of the following areas
• Advanced Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Micro Electronics
• Sensor Systems & Signal Processing
• Industrial automation and Robotics
• Automotive Electronics
• Instrumentation & Control Systems
• Wireless transmission systems
• Power conversion and systems
• Information Technology
• Computer Science
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Electronics & Communication Engineering deals with the electronic devices, circuits, communication equipments like transmitter, receiver, integrated circuits (IC). It also deals with basic electronics, analog and digital transmission & reception of data, voice and video (Example AM, FM, DTH), microprocessors, satellite communication, microwave engineering, antennae and wave progression. It aims to deepen the knowledge and skills of the students on the basic concepts and theories that will equip them in their professional work involving analysis, systems implementation, operation, production, and maintenance of the various applications in the field of Electronics and Communications Engineering.
What does an Electronics & Communication Engineer do?
• All of the applications which make our life easier and enjoyable such as Television, Radio, Computers, Mobiles etc. are designed and developed by Electronics and Communication Engineers
• Design and maintain satellites which bring TV, telephone and Internet service into remote and rural regions
• ECE Engineers also creates advanced communication facilities like video-conferencing which bring people together from all over the world
• Develops programs for various control and communication systems
What is the future for a Electronics & Communication Engineering graduate?
Electronic & Communication Engineers can find the opportunities in any of the following category
• Design / Development / Troubleshooting/ Testing/ Manufacturing of electronic products in industries like
Scope for Higher Education
o Semiconductor & VLSI
• Research & Development Engineer
o Embedded Systems & Chip Design
o Tele/ Mobile communication
o Networking & Security
o Satellite (Like, ISRO)
• Software Engineer in IT industry
After graduation as a B.E / B.Tech in Electronics & Communication, one can look for M.E / M.Tech / M.S in any of the following areas
• Mobile Communication
Who should opt for Electronics & Communication Engineering?
• Satellite Communication
• Micro Electronics(VLSI)
• Semi Conductors
• Signal Processing
• Control Systems
• Software Engineering
• Embedded Systems
• Automotive Electronics
If one likes,
Electronic Devices, Mobiles, Computers, Mathematics, Algorithms and Problem solving
Mechanical Engineering finds application in all fields of technology. It is one of the primitive branches of Engineering which have remained always in demand and continue to be in the future. This is why Mechanical trade is called as an Evergreen trade (branch). Mechanical engineers have always been needed as an essential staff personnel in various industries of both public and private sector. Their work criteria changes according to the type and domain of the company they are working with. As the Industrial sector has drastically risen in pace, the need for more mechanical engineers has increased exponentially. Every manufacturing and production industry needs mechanical engineers to carry out jobs efficiently and flawlessly for their companies.
Working Domain of Mechanical Engineers:
As the Working criteria of a mechanical Engineer changes according to the type and domain of the company they are working with and field of specialization we can broadly say that a mechanical Engineer works how to Design and control a system that goes into the process of manufacturing the machinery and product. He tests new systems for feasibility and efficiency and carries out Quality management and improvement process.
Mechanical engineers work in the automotive, aerospace, chemical, computer, communication, paper, and power generation industries.
Mechanical engineers will be found in virtually any manufacturing industry. Increasingly, mechanical engineers are needed in the environmental and bio-medical fields. Indeed virtually every product or service in modern life has probably been touched in some way by a mechanical engineer.
What is there to study:
• Strength of Materials
• Materials Science
• Theory of Machines
• Fluid Mechanics
• Heat Transfer
• Machine Design
• Electrical Circuits
• Laboratory Methods
• Engineering Economics
• Manufacturing Process.
• Computer Aided Design/ Drafting (CAD)
• Automobile Engineering
• Industrial Automation and
Career Scope and Placement Prospects:
It has a tremendous scope in automobile engineering, cement industry, steel, power sector, Hydraulics, Manufacturing plants, Drilling and mining Industry, Petroleum, Aeronautical, Biotechnology and many more. With its wide scope of application, mechanical engineers remain always in demand, no matter which part of the world. You can also find job very easily in the following public sector industries such as Indian Railways, Indian Air force (Technical), Indian Army, Thermal power corporations etc…
Electrical Engineering as a subject:
Electrical engineering is one of the core fields of engineering, so it is always evergreen in terms of Scope and Job Prospects. Electrical Engineering is the heart of whole engineering discipline and therefore it scope will never fade even many years from now. Nowadays, we see Electronics playing an important role in the implementation and control of Electrical Machines. Keeping this fact file in mind the course have transformed from core electrical Engineering into a Fusion of Electronics and Electrical and has been renamed as Electronics and Electrical engineering or simply EEE.
What will you learn?
Electricity has become the basic need for survival, globally. From household to industrial plants, communication and satellite navigation system, electronic equipment, computers etc., all require electricity.
Electrical engineering thus deals with study and application of electrical systems for use in these different environments. It equips you with the knowledge of transmission and generation of electrical power, electrical circuit design, electronics, instrumentation, control system, understanding electrical and electronic networks etc.
The course also covers the study of electronic devices and circuits involved in measurement, instrumentation, control and protection of electrical equipments and conversion systems. Concept of computer and recent applications of computer based systems in design, analysis and efficient operation of power system, maintaining quality and security, also included in the course.
• In Electrical Engineering you will get the knowledge of different subjects such as:
• Mathematics, Physics
• Electrical Machines and Design
• Digital Electronics
• Electrical Engineering Materials
• Linear Control Systems
• Electrical Network and Communication systems
• Power and Control systems
• Computer Aided Power System Analysis
• Non-linear and Digital Control Systems
• Extra High Voltage Engineering
• Communication Engineering
• Electrical Machine Design
• Electric Drives & Utilization
• Power Electronics
• Numerical Analysis
• Microprocessors and Interfacing
• E.M. Field Theory
and many more…
Who Should Join
Students having strong logical and analytical skills along with the capability to capture new things and attention to detail always do well in this field. A Successful Electrical Engineer must mould his methodologies as well as his technologies according to the changing technological scenario of the current Market.
Career Scope and Placement Prospects:
Electrical Engineers are needed in all manufacturing units, All major companies of public and private sector such as Electricity Boards, Large Scale Industries, Manufacturing Plants, Power Corporations, Hydro-Electricity sector are continuously in need of Electrical Engineers for their projects. Electrical Engineers also find job prospects in Design Industries, Production plants, Natural gas plants, Petroleum as well as in steel and chemical plants. Many premier Educational and Research Institutions regularly intake Electrical engineers as graduate Engineer trainees and Management Trainees to work on research projects.
Electrical Engineers can also get a job in Major players in Public Sector such as Indian Railways, Armed forces (Technical Branch) and also in Thermal and Nuclear power Corporation Limited.